Monday, February 13, 2012

Baby Bug's birthday presents

These are a couple of things I made for Baby Bug's birthday this year.  I found the tutorial for the bag at Ginabean handmade.  I changed it a little and made mine bigger.  Baby bug uses it to carry toys and books in when we go visit grandparents. It was pretty easy to make and the tutorial had good directions.
 I found the tutorial for the alphabet letters at Stitching in the dark.  It's hard to see in the picture but the letters have a couple layers of batting in between the fabric so they are about 1/4 inch thick.  This tutorial was also easy to follow.  She made hers with 400 pt letters.  I thought I would make mine a little smaller so I could print out 4 letters to a page.  When it came time to cut out the cloth letters I kind of wished I had made them a little bigger!  Cutting inside the circles on letters like P, R, and B was kind of a pain.  I resorted to using my fingernail scissors because they were smaller. If I did these again I would probably make them bigger and I would probably use a solid fabric instead of a print for the front.
If this fabric looks familiar it's because I used it in one of the quilts on the previous post.  I also used some to make a cute little shirt for Baby Bug that I'll show in another post.  This is the fabric that never dies!  I bought it back in 1999 with the intention of making a quilt.  There were several coordinating fabrics and at the time I worked at Hobby Lobby so I had that dangerous employee discount.  I bought way more than I needed and I've been finding little projects for it ever since!

No comments:

Post a Comment