Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Something new

I have always loved to garden and spend time outdoors.  The problem is that this is Wisconsin... in the winter, and I have 2 small children.  Needless to say we have been trapped indoors a little more than I would like.
In order to maintain a little bit of sanity, this winter I have expanded my craft repertoire.  In the past I have done cross stitching, crocheting, glass etching, pine cone wreaths and many other things.  The most I had ever done with a sewing machine was quilting.
In the past few months I have fallen in love with my sewing machine!  I have made all sorts of clothes for baby girl and a few things for my little man too.  (It's hard to find cute stuff to make for boys!)
I am totally addicted to searching Pinterest for my next tutorial to tackle.  I love trying new projects and sharing how they turn out!
I guess since this is a new blog I'll start with where this winters sewing experiments began.

The first 2 are car seat poncho's that I made for the kids.  No pattern or tutorial on this one.  I essentially just made a double layer blanket and cut a hole in the middle.  Then using one of their hooded shirts for a template made a hood and sewed it in to the neck hole I just cut.  Little man's turned out a lot longer than I had planned so I added some snaps to the bottom later to make it easier for him to walk.

 This is little man's halloween costume.  I found the tutorial for the feathers and a mask (which he wouldn't wear) on Pinterest.  Here is the link. The cape/wings I just made up on my own.


I think that's a good start for now.  I'll have lots more to share while I wait patiently for spring to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment